Learning is most effective when information reaches students through as many different channels as possible. Learning styles and the ways information is received may vary. Therefore, teachers must prepare carefully to be able to elaborate on different topics. mozaBook makes explaining the material significantly easier and decreases the amount of time spent on preparation.
In mozaBook, the auditory and visual learning tools are merged perfectly with each other. The teacher can complement these by creating additional exercises and using the Test Editor. This way, all students with different learning styles will be part of an effective and fun learning process. In particular, it is outstanding that the materials are available to students for learning at home as well.
In school, a considerable amount of time is spent with students listening to the teachers’ presentations, which is the more conventional way of delivering information in the classroom. However, in order for students to be able to recognize the essence of the text and memorize key information, they need to learn the correct technique to do so. mozaBook’s built-in content, such as 3D animations and videos provide superior help with this.
1. Revision of students’ previously acquired knowledge, discussion of possible personal experiences.
Guiding question: Where is the Colosseum located? Mark Rome on the map.
2. Posing questions expected to be answered with the help of the text.
II. Getting to know the text
1. Listening to the text along with the animation.
Did students receive sufficient answers to their questions? If not, let’s find them together (possibly by searching the Internet).
III. Elaborating on the information found in the text
1. Discussion of the acquired information based on the narration.
2. Listening to the text again and finding the answers to the following questions:
IV. Systematization, reproduction
1. Pair work: asking questions in connection with the text
2. Pair work: recounting the main points of the text in pairs