The Hungarian Crown Jewels
The best-known piece of the Hungarian Crown Jewels is the Holy Crown.
Holy Crown, crown, sceptre, sword, lateral surface, orb, statehood, insignia, royal, symbol, symbolic, power, decision making, vestment, Middle Ages, Christian, ritual, accessory
- What does the Sceptre symbolise?
- What does the Orb symbolise?
- Which of the crown jewels was the most important symbol of the power of medieval kings?
- What does the coronation sword symbolise?
- Which is the oldest piece of the regalia?
- Which is the newest piece of the regalia?
- What was the mantle´s original function?
- Which is NOT one of the materials of the Sceptre?
- Which animal is represented on the crystal globe of the Sceptre?
- Is it true that the lower and upper parts of the Holy Crown used to be two separate objects?
- Which Hungarian king mentions the Holy Crown for the first time in his charter?
- What is the name of the lower part of the Holy Crown?
- What is the name of the upper part of the Holy Crown?
- Where was the lower part of the crown probably brought from?
- Whose image is not found on the lower part of the Holy Crown?
- Whose images adorn the straps of the upper part of the Holy Crown?
- What is on the top of\nthe Holy Crown?
- Whose image is placed on the top of the crown where the straps cross each other?
- Who was King of Hungary when the two parts of the Holy Crown were probably assembled?
- Which was NOT one of the criteria making the coronation of Hungarian kings valid (from he 13th century)?
- What are depicted on the collar of the Coronation mantle?
- Which is NOT one of the materials the mantle is made of?
- What object does the Hungarian Royal Sceptre resemble of?
- What is the Orb decorated with?
- How many lions are engraved in the quartz globe of the Sceptre?
- What kind of wood is the handle of the Sceptre made of?
- What was the role of the beads attached to the Sceptre by chain?
- Where was the Hungarian Orb first represented?
- Is it true that the shape of the Orb is not a perfect sphere?
- What is on the top of the Orb?
An aldehyde which is an important raw material and intermediate product in industry.
The Benedictine abbey was founded by King Andrew I in 1055.
Emperor Franz Joseph I and the beautiful Elisabeth got married in Vienna in 1854, but their marriage was unfortunately an unhappy one.
This animation shows the hierarchical structure of the Medieval Christian church.
One of the main units of Matthias Corvinus´ Black Army was the infantry.
Medieval kings were typically depicted sitting on their thrones, wearing a crown and the Royal regalia.
The ruler of the vast Mongol Empire was the Khan.
Pearls, often used as gemstones, are the by-products of certain molluscs' protective mechanisms.
A game about sights around the world.
The tactics of the Hungarian light cavalry included pretending to retreat, tempting their opponents into breaking their ranks, after which the Hungarians...
One of the main units of Matthias Corvinus´ Black Army was the cavalry.
The Byzantine Emperor was the head of the Byzantine Empire, the direct continuation of the Roman Empire.
Caliphs, considered successors of the Prophet Muhammad, were the most important religious leaders of Islam.
The French monarch got his epithet because of his opulent and extravagant lifestyle.
The Emperor of the vast Far-Eastern empire was the lord of life and death.
The leader of the Ottoman Empire was the Sultan, the lord of life and death.
Ancient Persian monarchs were famous for the size of their empire and their wealth.
Influenced by Western Europe, the Tsar attempted to modernise the Russian Empire.
Viking leaders were elected from tribe members by the right of blood or an act of bravery.