Hungarian army in the 15th century (infantry)
One of the main units of Matthias Corvinus´ Black Army was the infantry.
Matthias Corvinus, mercenary army, warfare, Middle Ages, king, Hungary, halberd, shield, crossbow, sword, musket, weapon
- Who was NOT one of the excellent commanders in the Black Army?
- What was NOT part of the equipment of the cavalry in the Black Army?
- What was NOT part of the defensive equipment?
- What was NOT part of the equipment of the infantry in the Black Army?
- In which country was the first mercenary army formed?
- What was the size of the Black Army at the time of peace?
- What unit was not part of the Black Army?
- Is it true that the Black Army was disbanded by 1494?
- Is it true that the Black Army was unique in Europe at that time?
- Is it true that King Matthias´ army was called ´Black Army´ even during his reign?
- Who was the holy Roman Emperor during King Matthias´reign?
- Against which nation did King Matthias NOT declare war?
- Who was the legendary commander of the Black Army?
- What happened to the Black Army after the King´s death?
- When did Matthias Corvinus conquer Vienna?
- How did King Matthias get the Holy Crown back from Emperor\nFrederick III?
- Mercenaries of which nationality were not represented in large numbers in the Black Army?
- Which colour is the epithet historians use to describe Matthias Corvinus´ mercenary army?
- When was Matthias Corvinus crowned?
- When was Matthias Corvinus elected king?
- Where did the Hunyadi family originate from?
- When was Matthias Corvinus (Hunyadi) King of Hungary?
- straight sword
One of the main units of Matthias Corvinus´ Black Army was the cavalry.
Medieval knights were vassals of feudal lords and fought on horseback in battles.
Chess games can help to develop logic skills.
The Hussites mastered the use of war wagons in the 15th century.
One of the most important parts of a medieval castle was the Knights´ hall.
The magnificent palace was commissioned by Charles I of Hungary, it got its final shape during the reign of King Matthias Corvinus.
The ruler of the vast Mongol Empire was the Khan.
The Ottoman army included janissaries (paid warriors) and sipahis (vassal knights).
The second wife of Matthias Corvinus, King of Hungary, was Beatrice of Aragon.
A major battle in the history of Ottoman-Hungarian wars in the 15th century. Its memory is preserved by the noon bells that are still rung every day in...
The tactics of the Hungarian light cavalry included pretending to retreat, tempting their opponents into breaking their ranks, after which the Hungarians...
The castle of Eger got its final shape and became an important component in the new chain of border forts in the 16th century.
The best-known piece of the Hungarian Crown Jewels is the Holy Crown.