Aztec warriors (15th century)
The fearsome looking Aztec warriors could not stop the Spanish conquistadors with their primitive weapons.
aztec warriors, Aztec, fighter, Aztec Empire, weapon, spear, shield, mace, axe, bow, soldier, armament, calendar stone, Middle Ages, clothing
- On the territory of which present-day country was the Aztec Empire located?
- On the territory of which present-day city was the Aztec capital located?
- What did the Aztecs use to play their popular game?
- What was the outcome of an ulama game for the captain of the losing team?
- How was a 'goal' scored during an ulama game?
- What was the name of\nthe Aztec capital?
- What was the most important means of transport in Tenochtitlan?
- What did the Aztecs think of the Spanish conquistadors when they first saw them?
- What was the greatest military disadvantage of the Aztecs against the conquistadors?
- Which plant did the Aztecs\nnot grow?
- When did the golden age of the Aztec Empire take place?
- Is it true that human sacrifices had a special role in the Aztec religion?
- Is it true that the Aztec Empire was at peace with its neighbours until the conquistadors’ arrival?
- Who were the conquistadors?
- What was the main goal of the conquistadors?
- Who defeated the Aztec Empire?
- Which Aztec ruler fought against the Spanish conquistadors?
- What was the name of the chief god in the Aztec religion?
- What was the estimated population of Tenochtitlan in its golden age?
Aztec warrior (Cuachic)
- Aztec calendar stone
- stone-blade wooden spear
- round shield
The Aztec Empire was a despotic, militaristic state ruled by the tlatoani.
The magnificent capital of the Aztec Empire astonished even the Spanish Conquistadors.
Spanish conquerors owed their success to their armour and firearms.
The legendary city of the Mayan-Toltec Empire was located on the territory of present-day Mexico.
Several European countries joined the conquest of the New World, making America a colourful continent.
The Incas´ rudimentary weapons were inadequate in their struggle against the Spanish Conquistadors.
The ancient Inca city, located in present-day Peru, is a World Heritage Site.
Numerous legendary empires were built (and destroyed) in the course of history.
The Crow are Native Americans who inhabited the Yellowstone River valley.
Majestic even in its ruins, this city was the largest and most populous settlement in the pre-Columbian Americas.